Harness the Amazing Healing Power of Garlic in This Delicious Garlic Soup Recipe!
Believed by many to be one of the oldest cultivated plants on earth, the amazing healing and medicinal qualities of garlic have been legendary for as long as recorded history goes back.
Garlic is a natural medicinal and remedy that has been talked about and documented for centuries. Chinese medicine has been using garlic for healing purposes for over three thousand years.
This time-tested remedy has been shown to be useful for combating anemia, improving liver function, lowering blood pressure, preventing constipation, and helping to increase circulation.
Given garlic’s potent sulfur content, it has also been used historically to combat fungi, and to inhibit salmonella poison.
All in all, there has been so much research published on the health and medicinal benefits of garlic that it would take a long, long time to explain it all. Enjoy this article below, and if you like it, please share!
A study from Washington University has shown that garlic is up to 100 times more efficient than popular antibiotics in combating diseases.
Day by day, people increasingly have faith in natural remedies. Antibiotics are not always effective, as viruses and bacteria may become more and more resistant. The main chemical allicin in garlic has ability to fight these viruses, and it is not affected by the mutations of the new bacteria and viruses.
Garlic is considered to be helpful in preventing heart diseases, lowering the cholesterol and preventing blockage of blood vessels.
Aged garlic can have a powerful antioxidant effect, that’s why garlic has widely been used to cure flu and colds.
Keep reading to find out more amazing benefits of garlic:
1. Garlic juice cures acne
Smash two cloves of garlic and put them on the inflammation. The results will be visible after a few minutes, after the swelling around the blemishes would “calms”.
2. Garlic cures herpes
Got herpes? Don’t panic, it’s easy to deal with. Just put a piece of garlic and hold directly on the sore spot about 10 minutes. Do this 4-5 times a day.
3. Garlic helps to treat ear inflammation
Mix smashed garlic with hot olive oil in a tablespoon and let it for an hour. Put a few drops of this tincture in your ear twice a day. The inflammation will be cured in a few days.
Here’s the recipe for this effective healing garlic soup
- 50 cloves of garlic cleaned and peeled
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil
- 2 large, minced red onions
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh Breckland thyme
- 6 cups (250 ml) of clear chicken soup (as a base)
- 1 bunch fresh herbs – parsley, thyme, bay leaves (you can add dried spices)
- 3 cups of stale bread, cut into cubes
- 1 cup of fattier sour cream
1. Heat the oven to 180 degrees. Cut off the tops (1/3) heads of garlic. Put the olive oil on the garlic and wrap it in silver foil. Bake in oven for 90 minutes and then leave it to cool.
2. While the garlic is in the oven heat two tablespoons of olive oil and butter in a pot over medium heat. Cook the red onions for about 10 minutes. Unwrap the garlic from the foil and put it with the cooked onions. Mix and add the diced thyme, the clear chicken soup and the bundle of fresh herbs (or dried).
3. Lower the temperature and add the little cubes of bread and then leave the whole mixture to simmer until the bread is soft.
4. Take out the bundle of herbs and put the resulting mix in a blender until you have a homogenous mixture. Put it back in the pot and add sour cream and a little salt if needed. Your healing soup is ready!
This soup is also good because, apart from the garlic, its other ingredients are also healthful, such as thyme, parsley.
Source: Natural News